One girl's journey of learning to play the ukulele

After a long time love-hate affair with music, the ukulele enters my life as a love-hate relationship, but mostly love.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I am still alive and so is the uke!

I know it's been quiet around here as I haven't posted since December.  Over the last three months I've gone through a love/hate relationship with the uke and all things music.   It may be love/hate, but it's mostly love.  I am still playing and I am still trying to teach my self new things all the time.  My work ethic when it comes to practicing is where I lack the patience for it.

In Ukulele News:  Eddie Vedder is releasing a album called Ukulele Songs in May.  I CANNOT wait!  Here is the single released so far: "Longing to Belong"



My concert uke got new strings last week and is a much happy camper.  The thing won't stay in tune longer than 30 seconds, but I've been told that's normal.  I will be playing one song with Brett as he closes out his 30 minute set at Gaffney's on Wednesday, April 6th.  

So things are still happening.  I'm still playing and will keep on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment